Table of Contents
- Capture the Core Idea
- Expand one layer deep into the idea with text, video, audio
- Any further layers should be their own Zettel and be backlinked
- Too much energy spent on depth in this step will cause overly tight ideas that can't be unpacked without a ton of context.
- Add external Zettelkasten system links. I use AI to assist me with this step. But the idea that I usually adhere to is: one obvious link, one surprising one. If you do only obvious links, you get trapped in confirmation bias. If you only do surprising links, the path of reasoning becomes to difficult to follow, and the idea loses fluency.
- Add a summary/excerpt to distill the idea
Bram Adams Newsletter
Join the newsletter to receive the latest updates in your inbox.