Table of Contents
What are your favorite books?
You can see an irregularly updated Goodreads list here, but my top three are:
- Siddhartha - Herman Hesse
- The Beginning of Infinity - David Deutsch
- The Denial of Death - Ernest Becker
Not really a traditional book, but Hunter x Hunter is my favorite story ever told.
What are you working on right now?
How can I contact you?
You can find my contact information here.
Are you raising VC money for Stenography?
What's up with your profile picture? Why do you use it everywhere?
Good question! Find out here.
What is your philosophy?
Such a thing is difficult to convey in words, but here are a few quotes and ideas that get close.
- Hunters must always be hunting something.
- Enjoy the little detours, something more important than what you're hunting for could be right by the side of the road.
- Toma lo que quieras y págalo.
- Knowledge is attainable, and simultaneously immeasurable.
- Ars longa, vita brevis.
- A zettelkasten/commonplace book is a noble task to work on unto itself. It is a garden, and gardens have no beginnings or ends, they merely change with intention and by season.
- Solvidar ambulado.
- The Law of Remarkability: For a mission-driven project to succeed, it should be remarkable in two different ways. First, it must compel people who encounter it to remark about it to others. Second, it must be launched in a venue that supports such remarking.
- If what you are working on is not important and not likely to lead to important things, then why are you working on it?
- Do less, better
Who are your favorite musicians?
I oscillate favorite artists, but broadly stick within 3-4 core genres:
My favorite artists currently are (by odds of me consuming their entire discography over and over):
In no particular order:
- Sleep Token
- Oliver Francis
- Childish Gambino
- Porter Robinson
- Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
- System of a Down
Are you single? 😉
Yes. I may get around to making one of those date me docs, or I may not. I've been off of dating apps, so I probably need to do more work in that regard. Who knows?
What are your thoughts on AI?
The current-near future AI will be as impactful to humanity's future as the impact of true alphabetical language (the ones we use today) combined with the impact of infinite computation devices (Turing machines). In other words, the foundation of a true self sustaining intelligence.
What do you classify yourself as career wise?
I really struggle with this myself. Broadly speaking, I think I "qualify" to title anything I have been officially paid to do in the past/present, and " aspirational" anything I'd like to be paid for/rewarded for in the future.
- Software Developer
- Developer Advocate
- Creative Technologist
- Book Author
What is your stack?
for life/work management: